Choke question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choke question

So my choke is not working, can you tell me why???

Just kidding. The cable can't reach the attachment point. The bike has been Gerry rigged to all hell and I can't tell if a part has been removed and I am missing a piece or if my cable somehow shrunk 3 inches. Anyone else with a 1982 GS650G able to tell me what if anything is missing here?

Verify 1) that the cable housing is fully inserted into bent tube/brass adjusting nut shown in the picture. 2) the cable housing is inserted fully into the tube at the "choke" lever on your handlebars. 3) the choke is fully in the off position.

It's common for the housing to pop out of the tubes both at the bar and at the carbs when that cable has been disconnected.

Comment

Originally posted by tom203
      PS. Your carbs have probably never been cleaned correctly, since EPA plugs are still in place
      The plugs are gone. I can see screws. Not sure of they were cleaned 2 months ago or when return of the Jedi came out so I am going to do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Splashy Pants View Post
        The plugs are gone. I can see screws. Not sure of they were cleaned 2 months ago or when return of the Jedi came out so I am going to do it again.
        Just looking at them, you can tell they haven't been dipped in a long time, also, be careful, by the pics you can see the screws are already boogered up quite a bit, I would go directly to using an impact screw driver or you won't have anything left, and end up using vice grips or end up cutting slots in the screw heads. Get you some o-rings from cycle-o-rings and Berrymans carb dip and have at it! Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
          Just looking at them, you can tell they haven't been dipped in a long time, also, be careful, by the pics you can see the screws are already boogered up quite a bit, I would go directly to using an impact screw driver or you won't have anything left, and end up using vice grips or end up cutting slots in the screw heads. Get you some o-rings from cycle-o-rings and Berrymans carb dip and have at it! Good luck.

What is a good place to get replacement screws?

Comment

Here's where I bought mine, very trust worthy seller, I've bought several sets from him, for both Suzuki and Yamaha carbs, you may want to look at his other items as he sell a lot of stainless hardware for bike. Good prices too!!

Comment

Working...
            X