Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need a push/pull throttle setup for '80 GS1100E W/Flatslides-what's best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a push/pull throttle setup for '80 GS1100E W/Flatslides-what's best?

Any recommendation on an affordable push/pull setup for my GS1100E with Mikuni Flatslides? I purchased the bike with the carbs already mounted but just a single cable.

I have a push pull cable setup, not sure if it was from a Zuk or Yam, if interested, let me know, I'll dig it out in the next day or so, and get you some pics of it, maybe it will work or can be modded to work.

Comment

I'm rebuilding an '82 GS1100G that was in a sorry state and needed new hand controls. I wanted something compact and found the right side controls from (I think!) a mid-70s GT750 worked perfectly. The wiring is identical to my existing parts, the switchgear is slightly more compact and it comes with a push/pull throttle. GT750 cables are readily available too. I can't remember how much it cost but it wasn't very much, even brand new.

The only bummer is that my GS1100 cable doesn't fit. The threaded section is too big.

Comment

Any GS that had VM carbs (pre 1980 models) would have had push/pull housings with the killswitch assembly, if that's what you're after. Later 78/79 models swapped to the plastic housing much like your stock one, but still retained the P/P rig. Earlier ones had nice all metal housings, and the lettering was cast/stamped into the metal and can be restored...

There are also many other aftermarket/modern bike set ups with P/P throttle but won't have the killswitch housing necessarily. A ZRX will be P/P and have the killswitch if you hunt one of those up, and look similar to stock GS...

Comment

Working...
        X