Need some help 82 GS650e Jetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help 82 GS650e Jetting

Hey guys so I have an 85 GS650e with 5k miles and UNI POD filters and cut stock exhaust and have been playing around with jetting and air mixtures. So far the stock 97.5 main is way to lean so I switched to a 112.5 but that was a little rich, so knocked her down to a 110 main. With the 110 main the bike revs great when in nutrual, has no bog when there is no stress on motor, but when clicked into gear and given the gas bike bogs down... So I ordered a 107.5 main which should be here next week to try that out. What I am looking for is if anyone has a similar setup and could give me their jetting settings. Has anyone had to swap out the pilots and if so what did you go with???

Thank you
    Last edited by Guest; 05-05-2012, 05:53 PM.

If you are really ambitious, you could try lots of stuff or you could listen to folks here who recommend a dynojet kit to avoid the hassle. Stock needles are not designed for pods and exhaust mods- they will work ,just not well.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I have been looking for the dynojet kit but seem to be on back-order or out of stock do you know any good suppliers?

Comment

z1 or motorcycle superstore?

Comment

I ordered a kit off a reputable Ebay Dealer 2 weeks ago still havent gotten it yet, do you know if Z1 has them in stock or order one recently?

Comment

Working...
          X