RS 36 carb help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RS 36 carb help

is there a dyno jet kit for mikuni RS carbs? or do they all ready work best out the box?

No dynojet kit needed for the RS36. They come set up pretty well for pod filters out of the box, for low altitude anyway. If you need to make small adjustments for your bike or altitude then jets are available individually. From what I recall the standard settings for an 1100 are: pilot jet 17.5, pilot fuel screw 1/4 to 1/2 turn out, jet needle clip groove #3, main jet 130.

Comment

every thing is set just as you say even did a sync on them. has a bad flat spot in mid range and lays down. and i do get a lot of blue fire out my pipes . was thinking i need 140 mains i have 130s now clip set to #3 . starting to wish i had a air/fuel gauge!! would any of this have to do with the fuel acc pump being not being set right . think its all the way backed of right now. this is the 2nd set of rs 36mm that do this.

Comment

Try using the accelerator pump as per the manual and see what it does.

Comment

What size is your motor, cams & any porting? 130 mains are VERY close if the motor is stock. Any vacuum leaks? Did you adjust the mixture screws using the "fastest idle" method? Also, have you synced them? Not by bench syncing either, by GAUGES? Last, after you do the above & it still does this, try raising the needles one clip position. Ray.

Comment

carbs

i have a morgon carbtune set ray. it now revs good and fast but just off idle if i twist it fast it will try to stall then rev up. this is whqt i have ray stock motor with no pods and a sidewinder header no baffle . maybe go to clip lvl 4? its in the 3 spot right now and the acc pump is backed off turning it one made the flat spot worse. did not do the fast idle yet don't understand how to do it. there all set to 1 turn out. i have the color tune set too.
            Last edited by Guest; 05-07-2012, 04:29 AM.

Comment

36's

jumped the c clip down one on the needle jet and 3 turns on air and wooooooooooo this girl will MOVE! STILL HAVE A SMALL FLAT SPOT OF THE START but pulls very very hard i'm not use to this much power. cant wait to get to the track but lil worried now! oh and i put on some pods cuz when i put half my hand over each carb it helped so i was guessing i was lean? do i have to run pods? i didn't want too for the track.
              Last edited by Guest; 05-12-2012, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X