Needle Washer Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needle Washer Size

I checked BassCliff's site and searched the forums for this basic detail.

I have a small flat spot at about 1/4 throttle, so I want adjust my needle with some spacers. It's in the fourth slot now, and I fear that going all the way to the bottom slot will overcompensate.

I understand the method for shimming the jet needle, but I don't know what size washers to pick up for this. Does anyone have the ID/OD for washers that will work as spacers for the needle?

TIA

I've used two different types. Home Depot or Lowe's should sell some thin plastic ones that I've used before, sorry I don't know the size off the top of my head. They have them in the drawers of specialty hardware they sell. I've also used computer case steel washers before and they are about the size you need.

Comment

I get my stainless steel washers from Ace Hardware.
      I am pretty sure they are 3mm, as Steve corrected me in another thread.
      Just to be safe, since you are going to be removing the needles any way, just pull one, measure it if you have calipers, or take it with you to the store.
      Another popular source is a mixed washer set from Radio Shack. They are in SAE sizes but still work out fine.

Comment

I have the ones from my Stage 3 Jet kit. I found these if you can't find them elsewhere. http://www.google.com/products/catal...=0CKwBEPMCMAA#
        '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

I checked Lowes for some washers, but they had nothing smaller than m4. Tried just flipping the rubber spacers. No flat spot, but things are a bit rich.

May swap back on the spacers and then add another thin spacer to the bottom, as I have spares.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterCinders View Post
            I checked Lowes for some washers, but they had nothing smaller than m4. Tried just flipping the rubber spacers. No flat spot, but things are a bit rich.

May swap back on the spacers and then add another thin spacer to the bottom, as I have spares.
            Just go to any Radio Shack. This is what you want.
            They will work fine and they are cheap.

Comment

When you find them take a needle with clip so you can measure. It should be no thicker than from the bottom of the clip to the top of the next notch.
              '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

If you can't find them easily, send me a buck to cover shipping and I'll send out 16 of them.

Eric

Comment

Ended up just pulling the needles and adding a second thin spacer to the top. So far, it runs better from idle into mid throttle. When it stops raining, I can get a real ride in to be sure.

Comment

Working...
                  X