No announcement yet.

Left Carburetor Pouring Gas Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine leaked badly recently. When I dismantled the carbs I found the fuel tee was ruined and the o-rings in the fuel tubes weren't so great. With the newly cleaned carbs, a new fuel tee and new o-rings on all the fuel and vent tubes, it now runs perfectly without any leaks at all. Robert Barr here on the board is the best source I know for o-ring kits.

Comment

I had a similar issue with a (gasp!) Harley with a new Mikuni HS42 carb. I would stop at a red light. smell gas, take off when the light went green and slide the back wheel as I took off. Made for an interesting ride. After about the 3rd or 4th time this happened I looked down to see fuel pouring out onto the ground. So I shut off the petcock (Pingel hi-flow, no vacuum) and it stopped. Rode a bit further to use up the fuel in the line and when it finally petered out I turned the tap back on and all was ok, fortunately.

I suspect it was just a tiny bit of crap in my new fuel hose that had gotten stuck in the float valve, and with all the vibrations of a Harley Evo engine it came unstuck by itself. It hasn't happened again in over 3 years.

Comment

My 82 GS 650 has done this from time to time over the last 3 years. A little tap on the carb bowl with the handle of a screwdriver fixes it.

Comment

Working...
        X