Gs 45l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs 45l

I was recently given a gs 450l 1986.The carbs can in a box and now I need to know were the vacuum hoses go (the manual is not much help here)
    Thanks in advance,
    Shadetree

Try the fiche at Alpha Sports

Comment

Not much help though is it.

Comment

Welcome to the site. Basscliff will be along later with his official welcome but you'll find his website (http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff) to be a wonderful starting point for a lot of information to include a piece on where cables run to.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Hi shade,

Are you talking about the long black hoses, one on each carb, that attach to ports pointing to the space between the two carbs?

Those hoses go... nowhere. Literally -- they are air vent hoses that provide a static air pressure reference point for the carbs. You can route the hoses to end at a point just below the airbox, or really anywhere that there is reasonably quiet/still air.

The only true "vacuum" hose connects between the petcock and the vacuum port on the top of the right carb.

Comment

Working...
          X