No announcement yet.

GS1000 Mid throttle hesitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so I installed the new dynojet kit, it started right up but at about half throttle it starts bogging. The plugs look rich/black. I'm guessing this means the needle clip needs moved which direction for a leaned mixtures? Or any other suggestions?

Comment

lower the needle, which means raising the clip will lean it out. its a pain but try one notch at a time
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

You should take stock of where the clips are obviously and compare that to the DJ kit instructions. Many times, moreso with CV carbs, people attempt to jet for pods and pipe by hand rather than shelling out cash for the quick and effective jet kit (whatever the brand) and go about it all cock handed. You'd be amazed at the ridiculous sizes of mains I've found in carbs. 1100Es with MIC 150 mains (stock was like 112.5 or 115) in an effort to compensate for the stock needle's lack of taper. This is usually where people have problems (the needle circuit). The attempt is made to overcome by sticking a stupid large main in there to feed the needle circuit, but then the bike falls on its face drowning up top, and won't idle for crap.

See what the PO has done first (pilots, mains, fuel and air screw setting and clip position). Sometimes it's easier to put it back close to stock settings and then start as if you're the first person to re-jet.

Comment

Update-Sorry for the delay.
          To get my bike running PERFECTLY, I used the needles on the lowest setting, plus a the supplied washer on top of the needle. I used the smaller of the jets that came in the dyno kit. I installed my new baffle before getting it right, and used bellmouths. I couldn't get it lean enough with the baffle in without using the bellmouths, the pods wanted to make it bog at wto. With the bellmouts/ velocity stacks it got it right on track. Now it's all working properly.

Comment

Working...
          X