Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do these valve seat leak or not come out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do these valve seat leak or not come out?

So being keen to impress y'all with a damned fine writeup I diassembled a spare rack of carbs I have lying around. It was preverse how easy they came apart with nary a cammed out screw head or anthing to speak of. Then came the needle valve seats. Last year I had to remove mine to replace the O-Rings and oddly had a bugger of a time then. This time the rings were in decent shape but the first one I tried was stubborn to the point of it's own destruction. ALAS! The second one in an odd twist came out with just a slight twist. The dome screen on this one was torn which is hard to fathom ( maybe some zealot of yore poked a wire into the hole? )

So now I have this cooking show breakdown of dismantling the carbs but have to replace a needle and seat. The manual claims that the units in this bike were machined to close toleramces due to EPA regulations. So where to get em I know they will not be cheap.

When I do finally get the parts I will do a pictorial. Man the emulsion tubes were filled with gelatinous slimy stuff. Varnish in process I suppose.

WOW! I need to get a new set of hands for pulling needle valve seats,

49.VALVE ASSY, NEEDLE
    13370-48B00 (replaces 13370-43410) 2$54.08$39.91

Comment

Working...
    X