Keyster Pilot Fuel Screw for Mikuni VMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyster Pilot Fuel Screw for Mikuni VMs

If you have VM carbs, these fuel screws are worth a look.

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

I picked up a set of these for my bike when I had to order some other bits. They seem to be quality castings and better than the crappy K&L jets that come in those rebuild kits. I am not familiar with Keyster's reputation on that front.

Absent problems with casting and materials, however, I like these screws MUCH more than the OEM parts. Check this picture:

Notice the top? It extends about 1/4" further from the o-ring than the OEM screw. The top of the screw is slotted but also has a knurled cap, which is a little hard to see in the picture.

The net result is that the top of fuel screw ends up outside of the bowl channel, so you don't have to navigate the Death Star trench to turn it. The knurled top also allows you to turn it with your fingers. Thus, these screws are far easier to adjust while the carbs are on the bike.

Nice! I noticed that one on mine has had the tip broken off so I'll definetly be looking into these!

Comment

I just ordered a set of these and drain bowl screws last night!! Thanks for this write up... I was hoping they were as sturdy as stock.

Comment

Mine just came in Monday

They're waiting for my brake rebuild to be completed
        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
        2007 DRz 400S
        1999 ATK 490ES
        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Working...
        X