What jets are these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What jets are these?

I got these jets in my Dynojet kit from Z1. They come no where close to fitting my bike, and I'm just kind of curious what they're supposed to be on, if anyone knows. The needles and air correctors fit perfectly though...

Far left is the DJ160 jet, middle is the DJ155 jet, and far right is the 150 jet that came out of my carb.

They look like the air jets for the pilot circuit to me, but the thread on your rightmost jet looks bigger than the two DJ jets.

The DJ sizes for the air jets are identical to the Mikuni air jets marked with the same size, but the design is slightly different. Remember that a smaller air jet will enrich the pilot circuit; said another way, decreasing the air jet one size is roughly equivalent to increasing the pilot jet one size.

Comment

the 2 on the left are definately dynojet main jets for mikuni carbs. no idea what the jet is on the right.
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

You should have a parts list included in the DJ instructions. That should tell you exactly what those jets are.

Comment

I can have another look at my jets when my new ones come in, but that one on the right doesn't look like how I remember the mains in my 650. The threads look wrong, and the taper isn't familiar. Not a stock main jet from a 650 as they would have been 110s, if I remember correctly.
          '83 GS650G
          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
            You should have a parts list included in the DJ instructions. That should tell you exactly what those jets are.
            when i got my stage 3 kit for my GS1000 they gave me 2 choices of mains, both look the same as the jets in the pic, although i did have to downsize on the mains using mikuni jets
            1978 GS1085.

Comment

Well they are supposed to be my fuel mains. But the jet on the right is the one I pulled out of that spot.

As your looking at the carbs from the air box side, its on the bottom left of the circle opening, no?

Comment

should be the lowest jet right in the centre of the float chamber
                1978 GS1085.

Comment

Well ****, it all makes sense now... Carbs are coming off again!

Comment

Working...
                  X