No announcement yet.

33mm carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should have waited for these Adrian. You don't often see a stack of 4 Mk2s. Could be cheap as smoothies are now £187, not £150 that he's quoting so this is an £850 set of carbs new.

They're not just drag bike carbs either - they should run quite nicely on a street bike.

I might have a lowball punt at them.

79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
      its defo paint and has obviously been run at some point with petrol in it i presume as i only have to tickle it with my finger nail and it falls off. i will scrub them, get some paint stripper in there then ultrasonic clean them. they should be good as new afterwards
      Just about to send Vm28mm off my Gs1085s to Allens to be over hauled ,had mine sonicly cleaned,they tell me never clean them that way............

Comment

Originally posted by gshub View Post
        Just about to send Vm28mm off my Gs1085s to Allens to be over hauled ,had mine sonicly cleaned,they tell me never clean them that way............
        and why would that be? best carb cleaning invention i have ever used and not had one bad result from it, all positive actually
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
          and why would that be? best carb cleaning invention i have ever used and not had one bad result from it, all positive actually
          with all the Bull i have been told over the last yr with these carbs and still they will not
          run over 6000rpm ,wot ever size main jet we put in them, i do not know who or wot to think anymore, if they cant sort them will be buying a new set and start from scratch on a Dyno..........

Comment

well i have rebuilt at least six sets of VM's and 2 sets of bandit CV's all have worked out fine, ran no problem all through the rev range and all have said how much better the bike runs.
            lots of people on here use U/S cleaners as well on their carbs and they dont get any problems
            1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by gshub View Post
              with all the Bull i have been told over the last yr with these carbs and still they will not
              run over 6000rpm ,wot ever size main jet we put in them, i do not know who or wot to think anymore, if they cant sort them will be buying a new set and start from scratch on a Dyno..........
              I had that symptom & chase it around the carbs... it was actually a problem with the ignitor. Just a thought....

That was on my 80 1000G

Be interesting to see what the 28's do for you.

1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
              X