Where to find Air Jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to find Air Jets

Hi guys, first off just wanna say how awesome of a site this is and how much you guys have helped me out already!
    so long story short im pretty sure there is something wrong with my "slow circuit" ( i think thats what its called). When im cruzing after the bike has warmed up at about 10 miles down the road it starts to spit spudder and miss and pretty much is upset about its life. unless i open w.o.t. then its fine runs great.
    my question is where do i find air jets/needles? im currently running k/n filters and the dynojet stage 3 kit but it didnt come with air jet/needles. so im still running the stock ones. any help would be great thanks guys and keep up the amazing forum!

Z1 has them, and they're not cheap. What bike?

Comment

o ya sorry about that its an '85 gs550l. with the dumb dual carb set up

Comment

Put you bike in your signature, so we can help you more.

Do you mean pod filters? What exhaust pipes?

With pods/pipes you need to rejet, but a stage 3 kit should get you pretty close. Before you shell out for jets though, make sure your other maintenance is right, since bad idling on a warm engine could be from an air leak, etc. If it is bogging once warm, you might be set too rich (like using a stage 3 kit for pods but with stock exhaust).

Plug chops will tell for sure.

Comment

Ya I'm running kn pod filters and I know how much you guys hate it and I'm not proud of it....but I'm running open pipes..I'm working up money to get a real exhaust. (let the lectures begin)....but back to the problem, I was thinking rich also but if it starts to run like crap or doesn't want to start after being warm I can pull the choke and it will run....better to some extent

Comment

Should find em local zuki dealer, a company called Sudco carries them 3.65 each.
            Mine did the same thing i had to adjust mix screws highest rpm method then balance the carbs and changed the float highth a lil.now she is smooth

Comment

ya thats another thing i need to get is a float height gauge. i was thinking that might be mis-adjusted also.

Comment

Originally posted by aznpride75 View Post
                Ya I'm running kn pod filters and I know how much you guys hate it and I'm not proud of it....but I'm running open pipes..I'm working up money to get a real exhaust. (let the lectures begin)....but back to the problem, I was thinking rich also but if it starts to run like crap or doesn't want to start after being warm I can pull the choke and it will run....better to some extent
                If the choke makes it idle better, you are too lean. Choke adds fuel to smooth it out, so you had too much air without it.

Comment

Originally posted by aznpride75 View Post
                  ya thats another thing i need to get is a float height gauge. i was thinking that might be mis-adjusted also.
                  Just get a digital caliper ($10-$15), it is useful for all sorts of measurements.

Comment

alrighty i THINK i found the issue. on cylnders 1/2 the boot from the carb to the motor had a bolt loose. havent had time to pull it off and make sure its not warped but im going to try that tonight. Thanks for all the help guys!

Comment

alright....found out that the o rings for the manifold were junk so I replaced all 4, it will start and run now but I can't get it to idle properly. it hangs if I get it rolling and will just cruze at 20mph with no throttle input....any thoughts?

Comment

Hi,

Is the airbox properly sealed?

Have you gone through all of the tasks on the maintenance lists in your "mega-welcome"? Skipping steps and taking shortcuts will lead to frustration and catastrophic failures.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

running pod filters so no air box...and I think I went threw that check list.....I think...haha

Comment

Start inventorying your jets and either get a Stage 3 kit or change them individually. If your idle hangs, you are too lean. Root out any other air leaks and adjust the air with better jetting.

Comment

I'm running the stage 3 kit but had to take out the air jet correctors because I didn't know there was crap on the manifold. so now I have to try and find the air jet correctors or get new air jets

Comment

Working...
                              X