Vacuum Petcock hose missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum Petcock hose missing

So I rebuilt my carbs, put them on the bike. Realized my vacuum hose was missing. My roommate threw it away. I have a 79 750 E with the VM carbs. Does anyone know the diameter of this vacuum hosing? Or does anyone know where to find this information?

PS. I am anxious to get this thing started. Can i just try and hook up everything minus the petcock vacuum hose and try and start her up on PRI?

Thanks,

-Pat

Originally posted by Icculus88 View Post
    Can i just try and hook up everything minus the petcock vacuum hose and try and start her up on PRI?
    -Pat
    IIRC, you can use a section of 1/4" fuel line for the vacuum hose.
    As to running on prime, yes, if you plug the vacuum leah at that port.

Eric

Comment

Be aware that if everything in your carbs is 100% and you overflow out of the carb drain tubes, one or more of your floats may be stuck...just whack the bowls with the handle of a screwdriver. Should fix it. and for god sake... keep a fire extinguisher handy.

Comment

The vacuum line is smaller. 4.5mm inside diameter. 3/16 should work in a pinch.

Comment

3/16 works just fine, that's what I've replaced mine with.

Comment

Why not just get yourself some stock line from your local shop. You'll get way more than you need which will help in the long run and it's not that expensive (unless you have a shop that wants to hurt you to make a buck).
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

If the OP's local motorcycle shops are anything like mine, all they keep in stock are used Harleys and new 600cc sportbikes. The 3/16 is a suitable substitute.

Comment

Working...
              X