Last question about flatslide carbs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last question about flatslide carbs...

So now my RS36s are tweaked beautifully and the bike is running ridiculously well. What a great bike the GS1100 is! Anyway, I went back into my garage this afternoon and could smell gas. I had ridden the bike this morning, put it back up on the centrestand and a bit of gas had leaked out from the floatbowl overflows.

I know the floats are at the right height because I checked them yesterday. I even put on reading glasses to check and everything! They didn't leak much, but why would they have leaked at all? I have an HSR42 on my Harley which is a very similar carb and it never leaks.

These carbs are brand new. I checked around the floatbowl rim and the drain plugs in case they were leaking as they have been on and off a lot lately with all my tuning. But it's definitely the overflows that are leaking.

Any clues? Thanks guys!

these carbs leak at times when not running.
    make sure your fuel valve is not leaking any at all.ANY!
    just the nature of the beast...i have not owned a set nor has any of my customers that wouldn't leak off time to time.

FYI
    you can loop the 1&2 and 3&4 together with small hose to stop the fuel from running out after the bike is shut of.
    **FUEL VALVE CAN NOT LEAK OFF OR YOU WILL FILL THE CYLINDERS**

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
      these carbs leak at times when not running.
      make sure your fuel valve is not leaking any at all.ANY!
      just the nature of the beast...i have not owned a set nor has any of my customers that wouldn't leak off time to time.

FYI
      you can loop the 1&2 and 3&4 together with small hose to stop the fuel from running out after the bike is shut of.
      **FUEL VALVE CAN NOT LEAK OFF OR YOU WILL FILL THE CYLINDERS**
      come on jimmy...
      i told you my secret fix..
      did you do this?

Comment

Working...
      X