No announcement yet.

Gs 450l pilot screw help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Joe, just replied to your PM. If you haven't sync'd your carbs yet, that will definitely make a difference.

If one butterfly is opening before the other, that's gonna make a huge difference between carbs.
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Hi,

Yep, a leaky petcock can cause a plug to foul. On the 4 cylinder engines with CV carbs it's usually the #2 plug that fouls because gas leaks down the vacuum line or the vacuum cutoff doesn't work, which can allow gas past a weak float valve/spring, into the cylinder, and eventually the crankcase which dilutes the oil.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
      Last edited by Guest; 06-05-2012, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Swim_fan02 View Post
        Yet again I say the carb is clean. It is spotless. Entirely rebuilt. Everything is in great working order as if it was new. I have spent almost a grand in replacing and fixing and repairing parts in this bike. This bike has received a total overhaul. Carb rebuild cables checked timing checked oil changed valves checked tires replaced front and rear brakes replaced stator and r/r replaced wheel bearings head bearings repacked new chain and sprockets. I have gone over this bike extensively. And yes I am askin a simple question and for opinions on to what could cause that issue. I'm not trying to be an ******* but it's absolutely rediculous that people clearly don't read the whole thread before commenting because you are asking the same question as someone else has and I have to repeat again with the same answer. so again I ask what could cause a cylinder to run more rich than the other?
        Sorry for trying to help. You never said you checked your valves, rebuilt the carburetor, replaced the carburetor o-rings, replaced the boot o-rings, checked the boots, or sealed your airbox.

I guess it is ridiculous that I read what you wrote in a literal sense.

Good luck with your problem.

Comment

Working...
        X