1981 Gs 750 carb fuel issue help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 Gs 750 carb fuel issue help please

Ok guys what I have is a 1981 Gs 750.I have put pods on it and cut the exhaust. I welded a big washer on the end of it to give it a lil back pressure. I have also dipped and cleaned and re sealed the carbs, like I was told by some very knowledgable individuals on this site. My problem is that at startup it idles supper high then after it warms up it will idle high ,then drop almost so low it dies, then it will idle high again, then low then it will die I have no clue. I can also tell it is running lean because It will spit and shoot flames and all sorts of crap until it is warm and at high rpm. I am just curious if anyone knows any thing that could help with any of these issues?

You are going to nee to REJET the bike to "try" and match you "setup".

I'm not going to pretend I know EXACTLY what you need for jetting as NOBODY on this site will know exactly what you have to do to get the jetting right, on the first go-around.
    Hacked exhaust, pods (which ones) and other "mods" make it nearly impossible to jet correctly on the first shot.

Someone else will be along shortly to give you a few suggestions. A stage three kit........ may get you close. The rest is going to have to be up to you and your ability to tune a bike.

Comment

Working...
    X