Pod Support Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jesustheplumber View Post
    i don't know if you are comfortable with welding or not but, i would say the best option would be to put the pods on the carbs while out of the bike, then tack a strip of similar metal across all 4 pods, then simply run a brace up to the frame or down to the engine once you have them all mounted up.
    I don't have welding skills. Plus, welding the pods together wouldn't work. The pods have no metal other than the Chrome backs. Welding all four would make the impossible to remove, because you have to pop the No. 1 pod to clear the clutch cable when pulling the carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
      I've been thinking about the same thing on my 1100. My plan is to use an exhaust pipe hanger like this http://www.amazon.com/Walker-35209-E...8939070&sr=8-5
      This has a small section of reinforced rubber strip to help absorb some vibration.
      Straighten the lower piece , drill a hole or two and bolt to the rail that connects the carb bank together in the back. Bend the top piece and wrap around a frame tube with some rubber around it. I

This is what I did. It works fantastic!

Comment

well, i could tack some nuts to the chrome parts for ya. then you could make a gangplate of some sort for them and use some stubby hex heads. just paint the whole assembly black to hide it. then to hang it you could use the exhaust hanger like smokeinapancake used.

Comment

Working...
        X