Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chugging while crusing

Hello all,

I have just recently purchased a 1977 GS750 with 5,000 actual miles. I have noticed a slight chug when cruising at any speed. It is a slight back and forth jerk almost. It pulls hard through all the gears and no hesitation on the throttle, just once i get to cruising it starts chugging ever so slightly.

Can anyone help me diagnose this? It only has 5,000 miles so I thought it was a little weird.

Thanks,

Alex

What maintenance have you done?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

What have you done to the bike (maintenance) up to this point?

Sounds like a lean condition and if you haven't removed the carbs, cleaned them correctly, removed the intake boots, checked them for cracks, replaced the intake O-rings, and sealed up the air box, we will all be chasing your tail.

Welcome to the fourm. You HAVE FOUND THE RIGHT PLACE. Search no further.

Comment

I just got the bike this weekend, and with work it has been hard to work on it. I was thinking of starting with cleaning the carbs, new air filter, and then go from there. Do you think adjusting the fuel mixture screw would be worth while before tearing the carbs apart?

Thanks

Comment

You could try that just to see if there is any change but "usually" you are looking at a complete tear down and at the very least, chase the passages with a fine wire and LOADS of carb spray. I just tear em all apart and do it right. My .02

Comment

Working...
          X