carb intake boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb intake boots

I have a 1983 GS1100GL and I am looking for any information on where to buy the replacement rubber boots for the carbs any link or any help would be great.Thank You

I got them from BikeBandit a couple of months ago for my 83 GS1100ED.

Comment

Boulevard Suzuki has been good to me in my parts searches
      '83 GS650G
      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. krjackson,

See the vendor list in your "mega-welcome". There are several places from which to obtain quality carb parts. Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by Airstream View Post
          I got them from BikeBandit a couple of months ago for my 83 GS1100ED.
          However, you should be aware that there is a reason they are called Bike Bandit.

Bike Bandit sells intake boots for your bike for $34.85

Boulevard Suzuki and G&S Suzuki sell them for $25.72.

Yep, that's a savings of $9.13 EACH. Since you need four of them, your savings would be $36.52.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

The best deal that I could find for boots for my 1100ED was thru Babbits out of Michigan. Really fast "standard rate" shipping too.

Comment

At $27.88 each, Babbits doesn't win this time: http://www.babbittsonline.com/suzuki...002/5602420003

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by OldSkool View Post
                The best deal that I could find for boots for my 1100ED was thru Babbits out of Michigan.
                Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                At $27.88 each, Babbits doesn't win this time:
                Whenever I have major shopping to do, I do some major comparison shopping. There are times that Babbits has won, other times it has been G&S. Still other times, it has been somebody else.

You also have to watch what you are buying. When I was shopping for stuff for one bike, Babbits was consistently lower on most of the larger stuff. Where they lost out was on the small stuff. I was getting things like all the bolts, washers, spacers, etc. for gas tank mounting and a bunch of other small hardware. Babbits has a strange policy of pricing EVERYTHING at a minimum of $2.97. I was buying enough of those small parts to drive the total price to more than another vendor.

Comparison shopping is MANDTORY.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                X