Thank you everyone!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you everyone!!!!!!

went through the bike again, being my first rebuild of a bike i pulled some stupid nub mistakes, for cylinders 1 and 2 i put the ehaust gaskets in backwards and didnt double check, i thought i put them in the right way. lesson learned on double check EVERYTHING. the gaskets is what was causing the snapping and popping.

i check all the spark plug boots even tho new and made sure they were all tightened and it made me think that i should check the other side of the wires where they plug into the coils, pulled the plugs out adjusted them and found that 2 wires had moved out of the socket a little bit. then went through the carbs again and i know for a fact now everything is cleaned and adjusted to specs. then i went to the points timing to make sure everything was still timed right and i dont know how it happened but the points for cylinders 2 and 4 were way out of adjustment.

then went through the air box and made sure everything was sealed up right and it is. i still need to sync the carbs cause the initial take off isnt bad but it could be better, but the thing screams now, better then it ever has since i have owned it.

sorty about being long winded but i have learned you make mistakes as a newbie, its unavoidable. and double check makes things alot faster an stress free
Working...
X