Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 GS450 Carb jetting

NOT a newbie, just confused:

I have a 81 GS450 in the shop that needs some minor tweaking. The owner is running pod filters with a stock exhaust and wants/needs to jet the carbs. I expected Dynojet to have a kit on the shelf for it, but their kit is for the 83+ model. In searching, I found this kit on MikesXS for the BS34's:

Color/Finish: Natural Material: Brass Fits: Yamaha XS650 1980-1984

Has anyone used this or know why it would not work? Does anyone have any experience with jetting these carbs?

Hey mate, firstly, the *only* Dynojet kit I can find is an E3305 UK spec stage 3 kit, and they're stupidly expensive everywhere I've seen them so far so I haven't bothered.

The jets in that link you have look a hell of a lot like the right ones that are in my carbs.

The pilot is the VM22/210 style and the mains are the N102/221 small round jets.

At that price it's worth a try! That's about a third of what I've seen the E3305 kit for a round the place except for here in Australia where the local reseller wants $180 for it

If you do try it, let me know! It might be worth a go...

At the end of the month I plan on buying a DIY wideband tuner to try to get my carbs dialled in...
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
      Hey mate, firstly, the *only* Dynojet kit I can find is an E3305 UK spec stage 3 kit, and they're stupidly expensive everywhere I've seen them so far so I haven't bothered.

The jets in that link you have look a hell of a lot like the right ones that are in my carbs.

The pilot is the VM22/210 style and the mains are the N102/221 small round jets.

At that price it's worth a try! That's about a third of what I've seen the E3305 kit for a round the place except for here in Australia where the local reseller wants $180 for it

If you do try it, let me know! It might be worth a go...

At the end of the month I plan on buying a DIY wideband tuner to try to get my carbs dialled in...
      I'm interested to see if this kit works for your 81 GS450. I have the same model and it also needs re-jetting. If that kit works, please post your experience with it.
      Thanks!

Comment

Any update?

Comment

Working...
        X