1981 gs550l gas in exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 gs550l gas in exhaust

need some help went threw a tank of gas in 34 miles looks like it is leaking into the left side pipe and dripping out black some got into the oil so ichanged the oil seems to run ok no loss of power but smells extreamely rich any help would be great already had carbs off and cleaned them floats not sticking so i have no clue where the air mixture screw is

did you pull your plugs yet? something's gotta be massively wrong to be blowing through that much gas that fast.

Comment

Originally posted by mikey1969 View Post
      need some help went threw a tank of gas in 34 miles looks like it is leaking into the left side pipe and dripping out black some got into the oil so ichanged the oil seems to run ok no loss of power but smells extreamely rich any help would be great already had carbs off and cleaned them floats not sticking so i have no clue where the air mixture screw is
      Time to explore correct petcock function. start by making sure no gas flows from petcock when in "on" or "res" spot when engine is off.
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

1981 suzuli gas problem

thanks guys i pulled plugs only one seemed wet and will chech the petcock later today and will let u know thanks again

Comment

was it the #2 plug(second from the left ) that was wet?? My 650L had a torn petcock diaphragm and was sucking gas through the vacuum hose in to the number 2 carb and making the plug in that cylinder wet. It was also putting some liquid substance out the left side pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by lmrmllr89 View Post
            was it the #2 plug(second from the left ) that was wet?? My 650L had a torn petcock diaphragm and was sucking gas through the vacuum hose in to the number 2 carb and making the plug in that cylinder wet. It was also putting some liquid substance out the left side pipe.
            That's exactly what my 650 did last summer!
            1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

i think it was the second if not it was the first one on left

Comment

check the petcock first thing. Odds are the diaphragm has a hole in it allowing gas to go through the vacuum hose in that #2 carb

Comment

Working...
                X