Exhaust and rejetting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust and rejetting?

So I'm going to start a new post because I didn't want to search for hours finding the answer to my question. My bike runs pretty good right now. Haven't pulled the plugs for quite a while, but I'm getting descent mileage and haven't had any real issues. None really except I will get some slight backfiring from 2nd to 1st gear. That only seems to happen when it's cold though. Anyways, this winter I have to do a tear down and replace some gaskets on the engine so I will be changing a couple of things. I plan on replacing my exhaust. Right now I'm running some 750e exhaust that I mocked up to fit on my 750l. Anyone think that it's a possibility I'll be alright not rejetting? I'm pretty sure it's running rich at the moment but not enough to foul plugs. Let me know your thoughts. Has anyone put exhaust on without rejetting? How did the bike run/perform? Thanks!

What exhaust are you putting on?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

stock exhaust i wouldnt think needs rejetting...

i put a 4-1 header w/ custom made baffle(2 inch diameter pipe)..and i put 120 mains...no jet kit

i run a tad lean if at all (kinda greyish) in town crusing..but dont even know it unless your looking at plugs...then at wot they get darker but not rich..explain that

im in the ozarks of missouri..so whatever sea level im at lol

Comment

I plan on putting 4 into 1 vance and hines.

Comment

Originally posted by thkbaron View Post
          You will have to rejet.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by thkbaron View Post
            most if not everyone will say get a dynojet kit..you will need to jet it up for that pipe...

im to poor to afford a dynojet kit atm..but again it seems to be ok the way it is for now..(read my lower post)(but if i run no baffle is sucks an dont run for crap on low speeds)

every bike is different..

but i do plan on getting one of these jet kits everyone speaks of

Comment

Working...
            X