fuel pilot 1978 GS750 trick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel pilot 1978 GS750 trick?

Is there an easier way to get to the fuel pilot screw on the bottom of my carbs? Put an airbox in because I got tired of screwing with pods, now I'm having mixture issues with my carbs, even though I set everything to factory. It takes way longer to get them off and back on again with the damn airbox. Right now the air screw is set at 1 1/4 and the fuel pilot screw is set at 1 1/2.

I'd do a plug chop if I could just get the thing started. It was running (not great) but it was running before I reset the screws to factory so I know its not an elec issue. Sure I had to push start it around the block about three times but hey! It started! So hell I dunno, tweak the fuel out? I have a feeling I'm going to be messing with it for a bit till I get it just right... SO....

Any tool in specific I could use to adjust them when they're still on?

The fuel screw should be something like 3/4 or so, roughly half of the air screw setting for a starting position. You can fine tune it later easily enough. The right tool is important.
    I use a screwdriver tip stuck in a 1/4 inch socket as my screwdriver for that fuel screw.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Duh! :facepalm:

Comment

If you do pull those screws, Z1 has some replacements that have long heads with ridges on the top. They are much easier to adjust with the carbs on the bike. The extra top length and finger ridges make it easy to reach under and turn them.

Comment

Working...
        X