Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glen View Post
    I'm still running that top-end you sold me
    Really, that seems like ages ago. How is it running?
    38's are a bit big for a stock disp 1100, could be made to work though, you would lose some low end

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
      Really, that seems like ages ago. How is it running?
      38's are a bit big for a stock disp 1100, could be made to work though, you would lose some low end
      Well, it's been running pretty well, but then two things went wrong at once. First, it started smoking and the oil was disappearing, so I'm not sure that is yet. On that particular ride, I went to park it and saw it was ****ing gas out of the carbs. I pulled the carbs and broke the one of the studs holding the float, that's why I need a new carb body. I know I should have supported the carb body with a socket but I was careless.

I just hope there's nothing wrong the top-end, but the oil disappearing worries me.
      1983 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
        No problem man, I already have my RS 38's. Getting ready to mount them today.
        Hope you get them
        You get those dialed in and with the accel pump they will scare you!
        Take it easy!
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by GS110X506158 View Post
          Hi, I guess I'd rather try to stick with flat-slides if I could. Thanks for the link
          1983 GS1100E

Comment

So I downloaded the '94 service manual from gixxer.com and saw that the stock main jet is a 125. So if these carbs have a 152.5 then I could see that running really rich.
            1983 GS1100E

Comment

Working...
            X