Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slide Assembly won't fit back in

Hey there guys!
    I'm in the process of cleaning my carbs. I've pulled apart the assembolies and cleaned them, and put them back together, but I can't get the slide assembly to fit back into place. The needle jet is not perfectly vertical (I did not disassemble the assembly) and so it won't slide back into the carb. Should I take apart the assembly? Should the jet needle be perfectly vertical? Are there any tips for sliding it back in?
    Thanks!

What kind of bike? Year and model?
    David
    1998 Suzuki Bandit
    1978 GS750 gone but not forgotten
    1978 GS1000 - gone
    1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

mine sit at a bit of an angle too when the slide is out of the carb body. It's the spring inside that forces it down pushing it off to one side. I just turned it until I could get it as verticle and possible and the needle slid right into the needle jet easily.
      I'm talking about a CV carb though and without knowing your year or model It's difficult to know if this information is helpful or not.

Tank

Comment

Sorry! It's the 1978 550, I think it's the VM model (same as here http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...rb_rebuild.pdf)

Comment

There is a notch (dowel) that you have to line up and guide the needle into the emulsion tube.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

If the needle does not line up with the hole, just reach in with your finger or a small tool and move it so it does. It is very common to be at a slight angle.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks! Got it back in!

Comment

Working...
              X