850 exhaust on a gs1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

850 exhaust on a gs1100

I found a really nice set of pipe off a what matches the microfic of a 1980 850. I have them mounted on my 84 gs1100 but don;t have gaskets per the microfic. Neebie question is as the head of the exhaust pipes are different Do i need to use a gasket

Hi,

You don't have exhaust gaskets? Actually, unless you pried them out of the exhaust ports, the old ones are probably still in there. If it's not leaking, there's no problem.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I would not recommend using them myself as the exhaust pipe diameter is smaller than the 1000-1100's.
      Of course, it would be quiet.

Eric

Edited as I was typing fast while trying to get some parts shipped out on time to fellow GSR members
      and don't spend my time dropping parts in my shop and blaming other people for it.
      Or placing a hold on their checking accounts so that they cannot pay their mortgage on time.
      Especially while they are home recovering from spinal surgery the day before and caring for their invalid Father.
      (I loaned that gentleman the money myself, BTW.)
      Last edited by Guest; 06-28-2012, 06:19 PM.

Comment

It would be quite WHAT, Eric? Quite quiet maybe? Ray.

Comment

the rear baffles are removed so it is louder than the stock pipes would this relive the added pressure from the smaller pipe

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
            I would not recommend using them myself as the exhaust pipe diameter is smaller than the 1000-1100's.
            Of course, it would be quiet.

Eric

Edited as I was typing fast while trying to get some parts shipped out on time to fellow GSR members
            and don't spend my time dropping parts in my shop and blaming other people for it.
            Or placing a hold on their checking accounts so that they cannot pay their mortgage on time.
            Especially while they are home recovering from spinal surgery the day before and caring for their invalid Father.
            (I loaned that gentleman the money myself, BTW.)
            Just to give you a heads up Eric, I have reported you & your accusatory posts to Frank & I hope you get banned again as it is getting old & you are just a sad excuse for a human being. Ray.

Comment

Working...
            X