gs 750 fuel out exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs 750 fuel out exhaust

let me start off from the beginning, the owner of the bike informed me that he had rebuilt the carbs and they needed to be tuned/synced etc upon further investigation of the bike i realized it didn't have an air filter i've gotten an air filter new plugs/ oil the bike rides fairly well though when i give it throttle it bogs for varying amounts of time then takes right off also there is what appears to be gas coming out of the exhaust with a little oil i've been trying to tune the air screws/fuel screws but i can't seem to get the mixture correct as it backfires often ive done compression tests that checked out, i've checked the ignition points which checked out, also pulled the carb appart to check the floats/adjust the hight. any input/thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Which jets are in the bike, currently? If the PO "tuned" it for running without the air filter, he would have had to rejet it.

You mention that it has points so it is my assumption that it is an 8-valve 750. If that is correct, have you replaced the intake O-rings, between the rubber intake tubes and the head?

Welcome to the fourm and I'm sure that Cliff will be along shortly to roll out a large chunk of oil stained red carpet.

Comment

Check petcock for correct operation- make sure its vacuum line is on, and make sure crankcase is not too full of oil.
      put bike model/year in your signature
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

thank you for the suggestions, i had suspected the petcock had to be replaced. i plan on taking the carb apart today to see what jets, needles are in place. i believe it does have 8 valves i will be looking at the o rings aswell and will keep you guys posted as i look thank you for the help

Comment

Check the oil for gas. Change it and the filter if there is any gas smell or doubt. This is important.

Comment

sorry for the delay i've just looked at the jets the main jet is 102, and the smaller one is 15 im currently looking for the specs on this the model number is 45969 the exhaust i believe to be 4 into 2 racing pipes sorry for any mistakes as i am kind of new to this any help would be appreciated thank you
            Last edited by Guest; 07-07-2012, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Mr. Basscliff has all you need!

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

thank you very much, those are exactly what i needed.
                Last edited by Guest; 07-08-2012, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X