kz1000 carbs on a gs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kz1000 carbs on a gs?

Anyone think there will be a problem with me using kz1000 carbs? there's off a 77 and have had some extensive cleaning and rebuilding done to them, they fit, and are about the same size externally in every way to the stock gs1000L carbs, but they fairly different internally, bigger floats.

Should work, but play with the jetting.

Nic
    83 GS1100ES rebuild:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170032

Budget GSXR Conversion:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=200563

New to me bike: 2008 B-KING

Comment

will do thanks.

Comment

GS Zooks and KZ Kaws have the same intake port spacing so they are pretty much interchangable. Like anything else, when you change carbs you will have to dial in the jetting to your particular setup.

Comment

They should be able to tune up. I would start a bit rich on the jets and needles to protect the engine and then go down from there. The air jets will be tricky. Your best bet is to find someone here that knows how to set them up.

Airflow is airflow but the cam profile, exhaust, timing, etc all combine to require different mixtures at different speeds.
          1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
          1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

alright, gonna need to order new pods as well, been looking into getting a header and a jet kit, waitin' on funds though unfortunately.

Comment

Use the 76 KZ900 jetting, the 77s were the first emissions carbs. I have a couple of KZs Ive had for years, I use the 17.5 pilots and 115 mains, your results may vary

Comment

Working...
              X