Aftermarket Exhaust for GSX1100G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket Exhaust for GSX1100G

Hey guys, a while back, I picked up a GSX1100G for $900 off of a guy on craigslist. After a little work, she is looking and running great.

I want to do something about the exhaust, but cannot find an aftermarket product ANYWHERE. I've seen bikes online with aftermarket/custom exhaust, but have no clue where they got their systems (maybe they are all just custom jobs?)

Picture for reference.

The guys here are the experts on the big G. http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/gsx1100g/

I recently sold a 1991 and the only options I ever found for the exhaust are stock, which was still available but QUITE expensive or scour ebay and craigslist for a Jardine 4-1. Nothing available new for them in the aftermarket.

Comment

I think a 1st gen bandit might bolt right up. If you goin the GSX group you will bet a lot of opinions but there are those that have fitted other exhausts on. I preferred stock on my G, but that was me.

Take some measurements of the headers, hole to hole and drop down and I will compare that with my 1250S to see how close it is.

Comment

Geez, the bandit reference reminds me. I saw some photos of a gsxr exhaust from the same era (oil cooled engine) on a gsx1100g. Not sure if bolt on or mods required. I think all the replacements will require removal of the center stand though. Speaking of center stand, yours appears to be on it but the back tire is not off the ground, odd.

Comment

I have read of some G owners putting busa headers on.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I kept trying to find a direct fit, but no luck. I really didn't want to do much modification and I like the center stand where it was. I ended up just wrapping the pipes in black header wrap and cleaning up the chrome. Here's the result:

Before:

After (got that radiator painted too):

Comment

Working...
            X