carbs flooding on my 1150, very weird!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barnbiketom View Post
    MAKE SURE YOUR VENT LINES ARE NOT CONNECTED TO EACH OTHER. OR PLUGGED?? Each carb has a vent line that needs to have a line on it, and just goes to no where. if you have them connected together, or they are plugged off , the bowl will not vent, instead the gas will have no where to go, like trying to blow into a pop bottle. the hole where the gas is comng from then acts as a vent. The weight and force of the gas flowing , instead of filling the float chamber to the proper height, will instead find another way out. thru the pilot jet and out the rear air bleed hole!!.
    hmmmm...properly dipped yes as I took off all the rubber caps, but I did put a couple new caps on the outer carbs(I think I asked about that below) Ill take them off and see what happens...Im starting to see it in my head now how that could be it!!

Comment

YES let me now and don't ask how long I took to find out how this works on a bike I have now. the Previous Owner had 'rebuilt' the carbs and they weren't venting. I finally figured it out, after REBUILDING THEM myself hahaha. Mine is a 2 cylinder but it is the same thing. the bowls must be vented!!

Comment

By any chance did you figure this out? I just bought an 1981 GS 750 L and I have this exact same problem.

Comment

Working...
        X