For those with pods and no airbox...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those with pods and no airbox...

For you guys out there who are running with air filter pods and no airbox, do you provide any extra support for the carbs? Normally the carbs are supported on both sides by the intake manifold and the airbox. Remove the airbox and now the carbs are unsupported on the backside and can flex around and sag under their own weight. I have a couple of zip-ties through the carbs and over the frame rails above the carbs, but I was wondering if someone had a better solution than zip-ties??

Various ideas in that thread. I have some zip ties right now, but the pipe strapping idea looks promising.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterCinders View Post
      http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=194335

Various ideas in that thread. I have some zip ties right now, but the pipe strapping idea looks promising.
      Thanks! Somehow I must have originally missed that thread. Got some good ideas there. Now to act upon them and see how they work.

Comment

Hi babes.
        I use a cargo net type bungie strap (with 8plastic hooks...) these clip under the carbs, under and in front ov the tank...

X

Comment

go to your local junkyard and get the coolant hose clamps from an 80s or 90s Volvo in the right diameter, they use these Swedish made hose clamps that are wider and are smooth on the inside compared to common hose clamps, I use these on my air pods and they hold killer! been using them on all my stuff for quite some time...

Comment

Working...
          X