dynojet kit for GS650?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dynojet kit for GS650?

hey guys, i have an 82 gs650 that i've been fixing up for a while, and i can't get my airbox to quite mate up to the carbs, so i was going to get a jet kit and some pod filters and say to hell with the airbox.

i know people have used dynojet kits..would a stage3 dynojet kit be ok for a gs650g with stock exhaust and K&N pod filters, or do i need something less "agressive"? if so, where can i find something?

thanks!

Z1 has them. But personally, I'd stick with stock airbox and avoid tuning hassles. Why doesn't the airbox "quite mate up to the carbs" ? You got the air filter box way back while you wrestle with airbox and carbs?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I agree that the stock airbox would be better. You have good boots between the airbox and the carbs? They make it fit soooo much nicer.

And, if you do decide to go with a DJ kit, you only need a Stage 1 for your setup.
      However, if you ever plan on switching to a header, you will need a Stage 3.
      I believe that if you buy the Stage 3, you also get the parts for the Stage 1.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        I agree that the stock airbox would be better. You have good boots between the airbox and the carbs? They make it fit soooo much nicer.

And, if you do decide to go with a DJ kit, you only need a Stage 1 for your setup.
        However, if you ever plan on switching to a header, you will need a Stage 3.
        I believe that if you buy the Stage 3, you also get the parts for the Stage 1.

This is correct, at least for DynoJet.

Comment

SOME Dynojet kits come with stage I and stage III parts, others are specifically stage I, II, or III.

Dynojet only lists a stage III kit for the GS650:

Develop a great plan for boosting your motorcycle’s performance by using our convenient, reliable motorcycle carburetor Jet Kits available online. Once you see these kits in action, it will become clear why they’re the products that started the Dynojet fuel tuning legacy. They’ll effortlessly increase power and smoothness throughout the entire rev range. Whether your bike is stock, heavily modified, or created for high-speed racing, our Jet Kits can tune your air/fuel ratio to perfection. Not only will our motorcycle Jet Kits drastically improve your performance, but they’ll also show immediate results. With an increased power output of 5-8% and a fully adjustable design, our kits are the perfect companions to any rider. Expand your vehicle’s performance capabilities today with them.

What I would do for pods is buy the kit for the needles and drill bit, then go down four numbers on the mains (if it comes with 130 mains, get 126es) from what is supplied in the kit and buy them from DJ.

My 650E is running fine with the stock components. The only thing different from stock is where the sir screws are set. They are backed out 1/2 more turn than stock.
          sigpic

SUZUKI:
          1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
          HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
          KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
          YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Try and get the stock airbox to work. The 650G runs quite superb with it.
            1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
            1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
            X