86Gs 1150 #3 carb dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

86Gs 1150 #3 carb dead

throughly removed carbs dipped new o-rings new slide diaphargms stage 3 jet kit
    k &n air filters 4-1 exhaust have spark compression benched synced installed morgan carb tune 1,2,4, all even 3 all the way to top new carb boots floats needles swapped float and needles no change no difference when adjusting others what controls # 3 adjustment any advise greatly appreciated Thanks.

Number 3 is your master carb and has no adjustment so you need to adjust the others to it. Adjust two and three together first, than one to 3, and finally 4. I found it easier to have my idle around 1500-2000 when I did it.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I had 2 cold pipes at first after rebuild and bench sync,when i synced the carbs with the gauge it evened out and fired on all 4.4 hot pipes after at idle.

Comment

Thanks cowboy up runs like a champ Thanks again.

Comment

Amazing how much better they run with a propper carb sync , he he.Remember to check it every so often if funky things start happenin again.

Comment

Working...
          X