need help rebuilding carbs gs700e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help rebuilding carbs gs700e

Hi, i am currently in the process of rebuilding my carbs. i have a few questions.
    i have a pilot jet on carb #2 that is stuck in there. the slot has been stripped so i cannot screw it out any more. what can i do to get it out?

also, my idle screw (pilot screw) has no spring and washer. it only has an o-ring. is this normal/important on my model of carbs? (BS32)

thanks in advance

Suggest you put a few drops of Marvel Mystery Oil (or similar penetrating lube) on the jet and let it soak overnight. Then use a left hand drill bit on the jet and you might get lucky and it will come out as you drill it.

Unfortunately, the brass jets are very soft and you will likely simply drill through the jet, so be careful to not go too deep. If you do drill through, use a screw extractor. These Black and Decker extractors get lousy reviews on Amazon, but - in my experience - the fine thread on them seems to work better than others on the soft brass.

Your idle mixture screws should have a spring, washer, and tiny o-ring, but check the parts diagram at bike bandit.

Good luck!

PS I really loved my GS700E. Great bike. Wish I still had it.

Comment

anyone know if the spring/washer is important for the idle mix screw? mine did not have any, just the o-ring.
      diagrams do not show the idle screw because it is "factory set. no adjustment"

Comment

Originally posted by 5t341th View Post
        anyone know if the spring/washer is important for the idle mix screw? mine did not have any, just the o-ring.
        diagrams do not show the idle screw because it is "factory set. no adjustment"
        Yes they are important!
        I have washers and springs if you need some.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
          Yes they are important!
          I have washers and springs if you need some.
          i would be delighted to take you on that offer. how much are you looking to get? shipped to 92647. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X