83 gs750ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 gs750ed

Hi guys I'm a new g's owner and new to this site I hope I'm posting in the right place. Well I got my bike 3 weeks ago and it was running awesome then after it would heat up about 20 mins on hyway I started losing power when I got back the 1,4 muffler pipes were cold I thought it was a coil so I changed that but it's still happening only way sooner now and sometimes tw bike will hardly start I was gonna use it to take my road test but it's running like total crap I got it heated up and made it home pulled the 1 and 4 plugs and they were still sparking so I'm thinking it's having a fuel issue but really I'm not a mechanic and I have no idea I really need some help with this as I was go out riding I abosolutly love this bike and I need to go riding

Originally posted by derekp View Post
    Hi guys I'm a new g's owner and new to this site I hope I'm posting in the right place. Well I got my bike 3 weeks ago and it was running awesome then after it would heat up about 20 mins on hyway I started losing power when I got back the 1,4 muffler pipes were cold I thought it was a coil so I changed that but it's still happening only way sooner now and sometimes tw bike will hardly start I was gonna use it to take my road test but it's running like total crap I got it heated up and made it home pulled the 1 and 4 plugs and they were still sparking so I'm thinking it's having a fuel issue but really I'm not a mechanic and I have no idea I really need some help with this as I was go out riding I abosolutly love this bike and I need to go riding
    As a new owner myself I would go to the recommended sites below. If you post in the GS Owners section you'll get your official mega welcome. Good luck.

1A) (NEW) Trying to diagnose running problems on a bike with an unknown maintenance history. Common maintenance items like clean carbs, properly adjusted valves, no air leaks in the intake system (airbox, carb boots), a clean gas tank (no rust), and a properly functioning petcock are 100% mandatory for the bike to run properly.

Comment

dekekp said.....

"made it home pulled the 1 and 4 plugs and they were still sparking so I'm thinking it's having a fuel issue but really I'm not a mechanic and I have no idea "

Close enough for most of us! next episode, make sure gas cap is venting and allowing enough fuel to get to carbs (stop, remove cap and listen for vacuum break) _ or run with cap loose. Check petcock for good flow also
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
      X