noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noob

Bike wouldn't stay running. Would die as soon as I released the gas. The thought of troubleshooting the fuel system was unappealing at best. Surfed the forums. Saw many suggestions and as I read thru the manuals came across a paragraph stating how an arrow on the gas cap needed to point forward. Sure enough. I put the cap on upside down which I guess blocked the vent that helps regulate fuel flow. Gotta remember to check the easy stuff 1st when it comes to problems.

Originally posted by spaytons View Post
    Bike wouldn't stay running. Would die as soon as I released the gas. The thought of troubleshooting the fuel system was unappealing at best. Surfed the forums.
    Saw many suggestions and as I read thru the manuals came across a paragraph stating how an arrow on the gas cap needed to point forward.
    Sure enough. I put the cap on upside down which I guess blocked the vent that helps regulate fuel flow.
    Gotta remember to check the easy stuff 1st when it comes to problems.
    Interesting.
    I asked this very question last year and everyone said that it didn't matter in the least.
    Now, I must check the caps and see if this could actually affect the venting or if it was just a coincidence in your case.

Eric

Comment

Hard to say. All I know is after 1 hot day of riding it would die if I stopped giving it gas. It sat over night. And the next morning I researched the issue. From the manuals it talked about that arrow. Its possible it had a vapor lock that released when I turned it around. I've been riding last 2 days with no issues. At least I hope that was the fix.

Comment

Working...
      X