Will this exhaust fit my bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this exhaust fit my bike?

I am fairly certain that the 1980 model exhaust will fit a 1979 model bike, but I want to double check before putting my money down. Will this exhaust fit my 1979 GS550L?

After comparing the '77-79 frame and the '80 frame in the parts fiches,
    I would say yeas.
    The worst that you might have to do is elongate the muffler mounting holes.
    Compsre the fiches yourself.
    Is the '80 model a 4-valve engine?

Eric
    Last edited by Guest; 07-17-2012, 12:57 AM.

Comment

From what I understand, the 1979 and 1980 models are the same model, with very minor differences. The 1980 model had an electric ignition (which fits the 79 model) and the headlight switch was removed for US models.

I think I am going to take the risk on this one. The parts look exactly the same (the 82-83 model looks a bit different), and I think the 79 and 80 bikes are, for the most part, the same.

Comment

Even if you get them for close to $200 total with shipping, they would be a good deal IMHO.
        Good luck bidding!

Eric

Comment

Well I was looking at the parts fiche for the 1979 and 1980 GS550Ls and the muffler part numbers are the same. I guess that answers that question

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
            Even if you get them for close to $200 total with shipping, they would be a good deal IMHO.
            Good luck bidding!

Eric
            I'm going to bid on them for the $75 they are asking. Hopefully no one else needs them as well

In fact, I think I'll go place a bid, so the Buy-It-Now goes away, and someone cant buy it from me. They will have to fight me for it

Comment

It is looking good for you so far but make certain that you submit a higher offer to stay ahead of anyone that might snip you at the last minute.

Eric

Comment

I don't think that set is off an L model. Looks more like E exhaust. L's are shorter.

Comment

It looks like someone snuck them out from under him.
                  I hope that it wasn't someone from here that knew that he wanted them.

Eric

Comment

Yup. Two other people bid on it in the last 10 minutes while I was busy at work. Oh well.

If anyone has a set that will fit my 1979 GS550L, I would love to have them!

Comment

Use auction sniper and forget about it

Comment

I think that guy bid on his own auction because he didn't want to sell them for $75. He has the same pipes relisted for $125 buy it now. What a jerk.

Comment

Hey, I got the factory pipes completely off and will send you some pics this weekend....Send me an email addy please, to send pics to .....There is some surface rust on the underneath, but nothing thick, and deff no holes ....

Comment

Originally posted by bbytes View Post
                            I think that guy bid on his own auction because he didn't want to sell them for $75. He has the same pipes relisted for $125 buy it now. What a jerk.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-Suzuki-...-/110919600294
                            Why do ebay buyers think everything should be free...? The way the rules on ebay are now people dont have to pay for what bids they make ... The seller may have just been stood up on a sell ...

Comment

Working...
                            X