No announcement yet.

won't run with K&N's on unless on full choke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right then hampshirehog, the carbs I plan on putting on after the engine is cleaned up are 28's and I am pretty sure the ones on the bike are also 28's but I won't swear to that

RB

PS I now know the difference between VM26's and 28's....lol
    Last edited by Guest; 07-17-2012, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Ball park settings to get you going then it's plug chops and / or a Colortune from there on in.

Fuel screws 3/4 of a turn out from lightly seated.
      Airscrews 1 1/2 turns out.
      Needles with the clip in position 4 (second from bottom).
      Mains 130s

She should start and tickover without the pods on at all but won't rev freely.
      79 GS1000S
      79 GS1000S (another one)
      80 GSX750
      80 GS550
      80 CB650 cafe racer
      75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
      75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Look in the intake side of the carburetor at the slide. around the circumference of the intake the 28's have a brass air jet or vent, the 26 does not. Otherwise they look the same.
        http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Sounds like a vaccum leak

Comment

Originally posted by Greenbraes View Post
            couple of photos from today....excuse the mess in the garage..lol

and

RB
            What is that front fender off of?

Comment

right then, it has been ages but got back in the garage..put the totally rebuilt carbs on and 'hey presto' the bike fired up and sounds very smooth...1 turn on fuel screw and 2 on air screw. Put the tank back on and took her for a very short run up and down outside the house....no leaks..running smooth...idles at 1200 no problem...front brake needs some more bleeding then will take her for a few miles to confim engine is good...then engine out and soda blast and paint and tune....a good day

RB

Comment

Hi old_skool, the front fender was on the bike when I bought it and have no idea where it came from. It looks like an after market piece because the finish is terrible, I have cut back the back end of it by about 4 inches and it will take a lot of rubbing down...sorry I can't help anymore...

Had her out again today for a longer run..the fuel line is leaking a bit but all else looks good, the top end power doesn't feel to good but I am used to the Vmax so to be honest it might be fine ...lol...really pleased with her though

RB

Comment

Working...
                X