• Time
  • Show
Clear All

So uh.. I was looking at the needles..

and uh.. I fixed my problem.

Put the old needles back in...

Runs like a raped ape now lol..

Comment

If I goose the throttle to around 1/3 open it bogs really bad, heard this was probably the rectifier/stator and not the carbs.

Can anybody confirm if thats true?

Comment

Originally posted by xenoz View Post
        If I goose the throttle to around 1/3 open it bogs really bad, heard this was probably the rectifier/stator and not the carbs.

Can anybody confirm if thats true?
        Noooo....not charging system.

Comment

Any Ideas?

It's running great aside from the bogging.

Comment

With VM carburetors if you are idling and open the throttle quickly, you should get immediate response. On the road, it's rpm dependent. If your rpm's are too low, opening the throttle quickly will cause it to bog. If your rpm is high enough, it will continue to roll on. These are 30 year old carburetors, not modern fuel injection. Starting in first, you should be able to open the throttle as fast as you like and continue in each gear to red line. Any other operation is just poorly adjusted or jetted carburetors.
            '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Working...
            X