Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaned and rebuilt for the 4th time and now no go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those carbs have a lot of internal passages drilled at angles and plugged, making it very hard to clean inside compared to most carbs without the siamesed slides.

Hard starting: double check the starter jet circuit is clear (the brass tube that sticks down into the bowl. check the brass tube is clear and will sqirt carb cleaner fluid out the top of the carb throats if you hold the carb cleaner tube up against the brass tube. Make sure that the hole (pocket, well) in the float bowl is clear of gunk (I use a small twist drill and turn by hand to clean it). Make sure the hole between the main chamber of the float bowl and the well is clear and that carb cleaner squirts through it if you squirt down the well.

Lack of rev/lack of power: There is a triangular shaped rubber plug on the air intake side of the carb, about 1/2-3/4" inch wide that goes between the two carb throats. Make sure it goes into the BOTTOM triangular hole. It fits fine into the top hole and looks right installed there, but that will totally mess up how the vacuum diaphragm works.

Long shot answers, but maybe one of them will help. Good luck!

Comment

I'll try to post a pic tomorrow. Too hard to do from my iPad.

Ok, posted in this related thread by mistake: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=197839
      Last edited by Guest; 08-09-2012, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X