vm26ss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vm26ss

i finally found a set of vm 26ss and bought them they came with a 102 main but when i was messing with them yesterday i notice that there is not a choke lever there is a choke rail but no lever was wondering if any 1 had some pics i can see to find out what parts i need to find for them to be complete i will also load some pics later so you can see how there are setup rite now not sure if they are cable operated choke or if there are parts missing

by the way it might be helpful to know they are going on a 77 gs 750

Comment

The choke is lever-operated. The lever bits are in the upper center of the fiche here (Part Nos. 50-55, or so). You may need to hunt down these bits on eBay, unless someone here has a spare.

Comment

here is the only pics i have rite now i started cleaning them slowly dont plan on installing tell this winter but bad progress on the caps 2 on top 1/4 the way done and 2 on bottom 1/2 half way done i will take a pic later of what i think is missing the choke lever like i said the rod is there but no lever

Comment

they are cable operated chokes
          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

My Skunk, '78 GS1000C/EC models had lever operated chokes, the '79 models have cable activated chokes.

A '78 fiche showing the lever part no 54.

A '79 fiche showing whatever you can distinguish, but no lever.
            Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.
            sigpic
            Steve
            "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

they look very similar to these but like you said whatever you can distinguish, but no lever.http://www.alpha-sports.com/suzuki_p...000N,EN/05.htm

Comment

the operating lever is between carbs 2 and 3, the choke cable connects on to the same bracket as the throttle cables. see on this pic, the lever and cable connector is just to the left of the throttle return spring and the cable mounting bracket is directly above the lever
                Last edited by Agemax; 08-06-2012, 05:32 PM. Reason: pic added
                1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

that is the part i suspected of being the cable attachment this picture was verry helpful thank you so much for your time

Comment

So what do yours look like?? Frontal picture will help. If i see what you have I can send you what youll need to convert them. Ive got lots of racks with probably everything that youll need to get them back to manual lever operation. If yours are cable operated youll need the different throttle linkage, the manual lever, a manual fork for number 2 choke plunger, the lever screw and associated hardware. And look at the end of carb 1 (on the rack) and see if theres a threaded hole for the manual lever bolt to screw into.
                    Last edited by chuck hahn; 08-07-2012, 10:58 AM.
                    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

here are some more pics i just took there is not a threaded whole in this rack these are the carbs currently on it i think they are early model z1 mikuni it runs great but they hang and i cant get them to idle down without bliping the throttle so per the advise from some fellow gs'ers i'm going to stock vm26ss bodies currently running a 4 into 1 kereker megaphone with the stock air box what should i jet these vms to when i finish rebuilding them they currently have a 102 main and that's all i know its been hot in my garage so i put this on hold tell it cools down a little

Comment

Working...
                      X