What RPM does my main jet kick in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What RPM does my main jet kick in?

I have a GS450. What RPM does the main jet fully kick in? I say this because it will rev all the way to about 8 then it will stop for a for a second or two then just take off. Lots of powder at reline till about 11. I have a mac 2-1 exhaust with 117.5 main jets and the needle is .16 MM above stock. Thanks guys!

The main jet is being used as soon as the needles slide up. It's not a "what rpm" kind of thing - more of a "what throttle position" kind of thing.

What intake do you have? And I'm assuming you have the stock needles?

Comment

Its got the stock airbox with the top on it. My experience was it ran better with the top on.

Comment

Just for general info, read this first post (it's actually a copy of a copy of a PDF or something):

*NEW* LINK TO PDF FILE *NEW* http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/carbs101.pdf Motorcycle Carburetor Theory 101 Motorcycle carburetors look very complex, but with a little theory, you can tune your bike for maximum performance. All carburetors work under the basic principle of atmospheric pressure...

Usually a stumble is caused from being rich. Have you tried resetting the needle to its stock position?

Comment

Not yet. I will try that soon. And thats a good link for carb basics!

Comment

Mark your throttle travel in 4 positions closed to wide open on the grip & 1 at closed throttle on the other side, that will tell you want circiut youre on

Comment

Your main jet works at between 1000 rpm and 12000 rpm (or however high you want to fo). However, it only works when you have the throttle opened between 3/4 and full throttle.
              79 GS1000S
              79 GS1000S (another one)
              80 GSX750
              80 GS550
              80 CB650 cafe racer
              75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
              75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Working...
              X