Idle still dying off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spyug View Post

As far as a burnt valve or air leak at the intake boots or o-rings , I'm doubtful as I would think that would make starting super hard and it would run like crap from the get go. when I had it running fine and out and about last week it started easily even without choke and ran like a freight train in all gears. No hesitation or stumble. Bags of power and acceleration.

spyug
    It is my understanding that old boot o-rings can cause sporadic, unpredictable results. Before I replaced mine the bike would run great some days and like crap other days. Often, the hanging idle would also get worse as the bike warmed up. It would run awesome for about 30 minutes and then start to act funny. You should change them to rule that out.

Comment

Hmm…

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
      Where and in what state is the air filter?
      Not in a state, Ontario province, Canada.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Sounds kinda like fuel starvation as well. No inline filters and float bowls are good right? You are turning a screw which should increase amount of fuel but no results.. Throttle cables issues perhaps as well?

Comment

No inline filters and float bowls are good right?
          Well I do have an in-line filter in place. It is a high flow unit designed for a large displacement Yammie cruiser (the Yammie dealer is closest to me) and I run larger than standard hose. The float bowls are good too. The throttle cable is adjusted properly as well. There is no tightness or binding.

It definitely does strike me as a fuel issue or rather lack of fuel issue. I will take off the fuel filter and try it that way. I put it on as I am paranoid about sediment in the gas as I know I had some floating in my "jerry can" which I couldn't clean out. I have been filtering it through a coffee filter as I fill the I/V so hopefully that is good enough.

Thanks for the input.

cheers,
          spyug

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
            Where and in what state is the air filter?
            Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
            Not in a state, Ontario province, Canada.
            20,000 comedians out of work and you have the nerve to crack jokes?

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
            X