Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GS250T No-start, just a puddle. :/ HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS250T No-start, just a puddle. :/ HELP!!!

So I went to start my 81 gs250 today and it just cranked and then barfed gasoline all over the pavement. I'm not sure what the heck happened, since it has been running fine all week. Any idea what the problem is??? Thanks in advance!

Sean

When it "barfed" gasoline all over the place, where did it come from? Was it from the tank or the carbs? Could be a bad petcock, hose, carb floats, etc. We need a bit more information.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Sirvaitis View Post
      So I went to start my 81 gs250 today and it just cranked and then barfed gasoline all over the pavement. I'm not sure what the heck happened, since it has been running fine all week. Any idea what the problem is??? Thanks in advance!

Sean
      Do not despair Sean.
      This is likely a petcock problem
      You will get an official welcome soon along with a ton of information

Does the motor oil reek of gasoline and appear to have been thinned?

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
        Does the motor oil reek of gasoline and appear to have been thinned?
        nope. :/ Smells like motor oil, feels like motor oil....

I just spent the day getting the clutch cable replaced, (I took the cable in, not the bike) and now it just won't catch. waste of a beautiful day for a ride.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
          When it "barfed" gasoline all over the place, where did it come from? Was it from the tank or the carbs? Could be a bad petcock, hose, carb floats, etc. We need a bit more information.
          Gas came out one of the two hoses that run down the side of the battery, I assume a breather hose?

Comment

Well trace the rout of the cable you replaced. You may have disconnected or severed some electrics somewhere.

Comment

I'll pull the tank and check all the wiring in the morning. I just realized I made the noob mistake of charging the battery while it was still connected to the bike. :/ May have fried more than I think. The fuse was still intact though, so maybe not. I'll also pull the plugs and double-check for spark, but i'm pretty sure I've got at least that.

Comment

Working...
              X