Took my 1100E carbs apart, jetting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took my 1100E carbs apart, jetting question

My 82 1100E sprung a leak in the fuel transfer tube between #1 & #2 carbs. I bought the O ring kit, luckily the O ring kit arrived a few days before the big puddle appeared.

Lately I have had a flat spot, where the engine cuts out under load, between 3000, and 4000 rpm's. It only has 500 miles on a valve adjust. I suspected plug caps, two were reading 10K ohms, one read 7K, the other 13K, so I replaced them, and it ran better, but the flat/missing between 3 to 4K RPM's was still there. I have had the bike for 6 years, and have never had the carbs apart, I suspected they might be the problem, so I tore them down. They had to come apart for the fuel transfer tube o rings. The things were spotless, even the screens on the needles. The jets did have a brown powdery deposit on them, where I couldn't read the numbers on them, but that was it as far as debris. I am used to seeing crap in the screens, and at least a little in the bottom of the bowls, but nothing.

I haven't pulled the pilots yet, I didnt have the perfect screw driver, so I am waiting, I know what a pain it is if you screw the heads up on them. The mains, and oddly enough the air bleed jets both say 170 on both of them. Does anyone know if these are some type of aftermarket jets, the numbers are not anywhere near what I looked up in my Suzuki repair manual. The bike has oval pod filters, and a header. So they have to be non stock, it ran great before. Does anyone have an idea of whose jet numbers this sounds like?

One other question is I bought some NGK plug caps with 5K ohms, has anyone ever run 5K ohm plug caps on a GS1100. They were new, and $4 each, I thought I would try them.

If you want, give me a call tomorrow at 714--356-7845 & I will help you out. I specialize in the 1100s & 1150s & build & race them.
    Ray.

Comment

Working...
    X