Flatslide carb float height question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flatslide carb float height question

Hopefully this is my last question about the RS36 carbs on my GS1100! I finally have my carbs running just right. It has been a journey but the bike is so good to ride now. The ONLY quibble left is that while it runs perfectly in a straight line I sometimes get a grumble and pop from the pods as I accelerate gently out of a long left-hander. The same situation on the flat gets no popping, only on the left hand turns. It might happen on the right turns but I haven't noticed yet.

Bear in mind that I live I Australia so a left hand turn may be more like a right turn to most of you!

The last area I had issues with these carbs was at 1/4 throttle. Now that's all good but it's where I have this popping as if the mix was too lean in the turns. I measured the float heights as per the mikuni's instructions. They specify 17mm +/- 1mm. As the heights on my floats were closer to 18mm they are still within spec, but would this possibly mean that my fuel heights are too low for corners and might starve the engine? It doesn't sound quite right to me but who knows? Although I say long left turns I don't mean I was left leaning for minutes at a time - 3-4 seconds at most really.

Set them all at 17mm & see what happens. I always set them exactly where the manuals say, NOT + or -.
    Ray.

Comment

Working...
    X