Jetting source & size for the pilots on an 82 1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jetting source & size for the pilots on an 82 1100E

I need a source for non stock pilot jets for an 82 1100E with stock carbs. I just rebuilt them, and it still has a small stumble when cracking the throttle. It doesnt happen when the throttle is barely cracked, if I open it up say 1/4 throttle, it goes real good, but it has a small flat spot. It is almost more of a missing, or a nasty little garble I hear in the exhaust, but you can feel it just a bit, then it is gone and super smooth. I tried to fatten up the mix, by backing the mix screws out 4 turns, but it is still there. So I want to try slightly larger pilots. 2 sizes up from what I currently have I think. I wrote down the main jet size, and the air jet size, but didnt think to look at the pilot jet size. So I want a fast source without getting pomned, because I am going to have to tear it back down to see what size they are. It blows to have to do it that way.

What size pilots do most people run in these, it has 4 oval K&N pods, and a V&H header.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-20-2012, 01:35 AM.

This is where I got my pilots from, might have some left around, BS30/96 is the type you want:

I believe 45's are stock some guys go to 47.5's
    I have sets of 47.5's and 50's if you want
    Last edited by Guest; 08-20-2012, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Have you synched your carbs with the mercury sticks yet. If they are out, could cause your problem. Dynajet kit may also solve your jetting issues

Comment

Cal Z1 Enterprises for the pilot jets. And only go up ONE size.
        They are $2.75 each IIRC.

Eric

Comment

Re:

I didn't vacuum sync them yet, I dont have a synchronizer, I loaned it out, and didn't get it back. The story is it disappeared. It was at a poor inlaws house, no hope of getting it replaced. I should have known better. Anyway I mechanically synced them, and it is set up where it is + or - about .0005. So mechanically it is perfect. But I do know that it still needs a vacuum sync, because of small imperfections, and variations in the engine/carbs. I am finishing up a digital electronic synchronizer. I have a shop that builds a lot of electromechanical prototypes. I built a prototype of one of these for a completely different industrial use measuring the same vacuum ranges. It was sweet. When I installed on the machine it was setup to monitor, it was very accurate, so I am making a copy from the device. Anyway thanks for all of the input. and sources. I will post some pics of the electronic sync unit when I finish it.

Comment

Where are you located in Texas? BTW mine are 47.5 with pods and 4-1 with big bore kit

Comment

About 45 miles North of Dallas area.

Comment

Key numbers. Note your elevation & find someone with the same+- and go from there.

Comment

re

I fly so I know the elevation is 460 feet above sea level where I am. I never thought that would come in handy for anything that didn't have wings.

Comment

We had several bikes here that were tuned to run near Sea level at a GSR rally that had difficulty above 6,000 feet.
                    They were running rich and could hardly climb the hills.
                    Thus, why I always ask the person's riding altitude before recommending jetting.

Eric

Comment

Working...
                    X