89 GS500 carb intake boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89 GS500 carb intake boots

I've been chasing down carb problem.I replaced my original 89 gs500 carb intake boots with the newer style.The older style was discontinued from my understanding.The pre 2002 carbs are 33mm and the newer carbs are 34mm.I know these measurements pertain to the inner throat dimensions.With that,could there be a size difference in the carbs?My 89 carbs will slide right through the new 03+ style carb intake boots.Tighten up the clamps just pinch open a section causing a vacuum leak.Is there another model GS that has the same size carbs and head mounting pattern for the carb boots?Also,has anyone been able to find stainless steel button head bolts for the intake boots?I can't find these locally?May check McMaster-Carr,but I am unsure of the thread size.

cycle o-rings has the stainless screws, look in your welcome page from Bascliff
    1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
    80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
    1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
    83 gs750ed- first new purchase
    85 EX500- vintage track weapon
    1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
    “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
    If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by hjfisk View Post
      cycle o-rings has the stainless screws, look in your welcome page from Bascliff
      Ok cool thanks.Wait.What welcome page?

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi,

Originally posted by ben2go View Post
        Ok cool thanks.Wait.What welcome page?
        At the top of the "GS Owners" section you'll see a sticky entitled "New Members, CLICK HERE!!"

If you read the log-in page (before you actually log in) you will see this entry:

Finally, be sure to check out BassCliff's website here. He has useful information that can't be found on this site. His welcome page containing useful GS information can be found here. Be sure to check it out!
        Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
        Last edited by Guest; 08-21-2012, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Thanks Basscliff.I go read and poke around now.

Comment

Working...
          X